Fees you will receive
Please be sure to discuss your fees with your Surgeon who will provide you with an estimate of their fees and Mercy Hospital's fees before you are admitted.
You will usually receive separate accounts from:
- Your specialist;
- Your anaesthetist;
- Mercy Hospital - this account covers the cost of providing theatre facilities, medical supplies, accommodation, meals and nursing care;
- Charges from other health professionals whose services may be required e.g. Physiotherapist, Radiologist or Occupational Therapist.
If you have any enquiries regarding fees, please telephone Mercy Hospital or your surgeon prior to your admission.
Payment of your account must be made within 14 days of the invoice date. Mercy Hospital reserves the right to charge interest at 2.0% per month (24% per annum) on all unpaid balances once one month has elapsed since the invoice date.
We accept payment by the following methods:
- by internet banking direct to our bank account
- by EFTPOS at our ground floor Reception
- by cheque made out to Mercy Hospital Dunedin Limited and marked “Not transferable”
- by credit card (Mastercard and Visa are accepted)
Patients with medical insurance prior approval
Once you have received all invoices relating to your surgery, you must complete a claim form and forward this to your insurer. After Mercy Hospital has received payment from your insurance company, Mercy Hospital will forward you a receipt showing any amount outstanding that has not been paid by your insurer.
Patients without medical insurance
If your surgery is not covered by Health Insurance or ACC, you may be asked to pay a deposit for a portion of your estimated hospital costs prior to your surgery.
Hospital accounts will be paid directly by ACC. There are a number of procedures and/or situations for which ACC does not meet the full cost. Your Surgeon will have outlined any co-payment required by you.
You are required to pay personal expenses incurred (e.g. toll calls, additional single room charges and visitors meals) within 14 days of the invoice date.
Please contact us ...
- If you have a query on an invoice or receipt which you have received from Mercy Hospital Dunedin
- For details of payments made to Mercy Hospital Dunedin
- For queries from suppliers on invoices sent to Mercy Hospital Dunedin for goods and services provided
Telephone: (03) 467 6654
Email your enquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org