Professional ProfileChris Jackson is a medical oncologist and Professor of Cancer Medicine with a special interest in gastrointestinal cancers and melanoma. He graduated from the University of Otago and trained in New Zealand before undertaking sub-specialist training at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London - the world’s first specialist cancer hospital.
Chris holds national and international roles in the research and management of colorectal cancer, cancer services and standards, and was Medical Director of the Cancer Society from 2015-2021.
Born and raised in Otago, Chris is strongly committed to the region.
He co-founded Mercy Cancer Care with Mercy Hospital in 2011, with a vision that patients should be able to get world class cancer care with the best possible treatments available in their own region.
- Gastrointestinal cancers
- Urological cancers
QualificationsMB ChB 2000 Otago; FRACP 2008
Vocational ScopeInternal Medicine
Post Fellowship Training
Positions and Memberships
- Senior Lecturer at the University of Otago
- Published author of academic articles and book chapters in Gastrointestinal Cancers and Lymphoma
- Current Clinical Leader for Oncology Research at Dunedin Hospital
- Maintains strong links with Cancer Trials within New Zealand
- Co-founder of Mercy Cancer Care
- Medical Director of the Cancer Society of New Zealand
This information has been provided by https://www.healthpoint.co.nz, helping people better understand and use New Zealand health services.