Chris Jackson is a Medical Oncologist with special interest in gastrointestinal cancers, melanoma and urological cancers. Chris holds a national role in the research and management of colorectal cancer. Chris graduated from the University of Otago and trained in New Zealand before working at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London – the world’s first specialist cancer hospital.
Chris is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Otago, and has published academic articles and book chapters in gastrointestinal cancers and lymphoma. Chris is currently the clinical leader for oncology research at Dunedin Hospital, and has strong links with cancer trials within New Zealand. In 2015 Chris was appointed as Medical Director of the Cancer Society of New Zealand.
Chris was born and raised in Otago and is strongly committed to the region. He is a cofounder of Mercy Cancer Care, with Mercy Hospital in 2011 ensuring that patients affected by cancer are offered a full range of systemic treatments that may not otherwise be available.
- Gastrointestinal cancers
- Urological cancers
QualificationsMB ChB 2000 Otago; FRACP 2008
Vocational ScopeInternal Medicine
Post Fellowship Training
Positions and Memberships
- Senior Lecturer at the University of Otago
- Published author of academic articles and book chapters in Gastrointestinal Cancers and Lymphoma
- Current Clinical Leader for Oncology Research at Dunedin Hospital
- Maintains strong links with Cancer Trials within New Zealand
- Co-founder of Mercy Cancer Care
- Medical Director of the Cancer Society of New Zealand
This information has been provided by https://www.healthpoint.co.nz, helping people better understand and use New Zealand health services.