Deborah Wright is a General and Colorectal Surgeon. Deborah began her medical training in the UK, before relocating to New Zealand in 2003 where she completed her training in General Surgery and a PhD in the molecular biology of colorectal cancer. Deborah went on to subspecialty training in colorectal surgery spending time in Auckland, NZ and Birmingham, UK.
She has interests in general surgery, including hernia repair, and in benign and malignant and malignant colorectal disease, including pelvic floor disorders. She offers colonoscopy, and both laparoscopic and open surgery to the small bowel, colon and rectum. Deborah works closely with specialist nurses, dieticians and physiotherapists to offer integrated and holistic care.
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery
- Pelvic floor and anorectal disorders, including haemorrhoids, fistulas, rectocele and rectal prolapse.
- Gallbladder and hernia surgery
- Research and education
QualificationsMB ChB 2002 Birm; FRACS (GS) 2017
Vocational ScopeGeneral Surgery
Post Fellowship Training
- General Surgery in Wellington, Auckland, Dunedin 2008-2016
- Auckland City Hospital, Fellowship in Colorectal Surgery 2017
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, 2018-2019
This information has been provided by https://www.healthpoint.co.nz, helping people better understand and use New Zealand health services.