Deborah Wright is a General and Colorectal Surgeon. Deborah began her medical training in the UK, before relocating to New Zealand in 2003 where she completed training in General Surgery and a PhD in the molecular biology of colorectal cancer. Deborah went on to subspecialty training in colorectal surgery spending time in Auckland, NZ and Birmingham, UK.
She has interests in general surgery, including hernia repair, and in benign and malignant colorectal disease, including pelvic floor disorders. She offers colonoscopy, and both laparoscopic and open surgery to the small bowel, colon and rectum. Deborah works closely with specialist nurses, dieticians and physiotherapists to offer integrated and holistic care.
Read more about Deborah here.
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery
- Pelvic floor and anorectal disorders, including haemorrhoids, fistulas, rectocele and rectal prolapse.
- Gallbladder and hernia surgery
- Research and education
QualificationsMB ChB 2002 Birm; FRACS (GS) 2017
Vocational ScopeGeneral Surgery
Post Fellowship Training
Post fellowship positions as a Fellow in Colorectal Surgery at the Auckland City Hospital, NZ and University Hospitals Birmingham, UK.
- Surgeon and Director, Intus Dunedin
- Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon Dunedin Hospital
- Senior Lecturer in Surgery, University of Otago
- Executive Committee, New Zealand Association of General Surgeons
- RACS representative, NZ Conjoint Committee for Recognition of Training in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Member, Lower GI Working Party, Australasian Gastro-Intestinal Trials Group
- Scientific Advisory Committee, Gut Cancer Foundation
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member, Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Chartered Member, Institute of Directors
This information has been provided by https://www.healthpoint.co.nz, helping people better understand and use New Zealand health services.