Professional ProfileDr Hong is a Dunedin eye specialist (ophthalmologist). He was trained in Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand, and Australia and is currently a Consultant Cornea & Anterior Segment Specialist at the Dunedin Hospital. He is a sub-specialist in corneal disorders, corneal transplants, complex cataract surgeries, iris reconstruction, and eyelid diseases.
Through oDocs Eye Care, he launched the world's first smartphone retinal imaging system. Dr Hong is a pioneer of new surgical techniques and an innovator. oDocs is also a research institution and have issued over a million dollar in grants and funding research ideas.
- Corneal transplants : Penetrating Keratoplasty, Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty (DALK), Descemet Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty (DSAEK), Descemet Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty (DMEK), all other forms of lamellar keratoplasty.
- Keratoconus : The management of keratoconus & corneal cross-linking
- Cataract Surgery : Latest small-incision phacoemulsification cataract surgery. Premium intraocular lenses, and presbyopic corrections.
- Iris reconstruction : Human Optics iris replacement, and Morcher Aniridic Intraocular lenses.
- Pterygium : Sutureless glue assisted rapid recovery pterygium excision and autoconjunctival glue.
- Eyelid surgery: Entropion, ectropion, blepharoplasty, and lid lesion excisional biopsies.
- Lasers: Nd YAG Posterior Capsulotomy, Nd YAG peripheral iridotomy, Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT)
QualificationsMB BCh BAO 2011 NU Ireland; FRANZCO 2023
Post Fellowship TrainingSydney & Sydney Eye Hospital, Australia : Cornea Fellowship
Harvard Medical School : Digital Health Care Transformation
Postgraduate Diploma in Basic Ophthalmic Science
Master of Ophthalmology (MOphth)
This information has been provided by https://www.healthpoint.co.nz, helping people better understand and use New Zealand health services.