Juliet completed her specialist ENT training in the UK during which time she did an MSc in audiovestibular medicine. She came to Dunedin on Fellowship in 2015 and realised this was the place for her. She pursued her interest in otology (ear surgery) by doing a Fellowship in Auckland in 2018 and later that year started as a Consultant in Dunedin Public Hospital.
She is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Otago Medical School and is involved with training Registrars.
She is an affiliated member of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and the New Zealand Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery.
Juliet’s areas of special interest are;
- surgery for adult and childhood ear disease including
- chronic otitis media (perforations),
- exostoses (swimmers ears) and
- hearing loss (stapes surgery, ossicular chain reconstructions and bone conducting hearing implants).
She also enjoys surgery for chronic rhinosinusitis and helping patients with general ENT conditions.
QualificationsMB BS 2003 Lond; FRCS (Otol) 2014; CCT (OTOL) 2017
Vocational ScopeOtolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery
Post Fellowship Training
- General ENT Fellowship Dunedin 2015-16
- Otology (Ear Surgery) Fellowship Auckland 2017-18.
This information has been provided by https://www.healthpoint.co.nz, helping people better understand and use New Zealand health services.