Raised and schooled in Cromwell. Spent the summers picking fruit as most kids growing up in Central Otago do. I then completed my medical degree in Otago. At this time I was a private in the NZ army (infantry) and played rugby for Southern. I then spent some years in the U.K. as a Forensic Physician for the Devon and Cornwall Constabulary. I then returned to New Zealand and started my formal surgical and urological training.
I completed my fellowship years in New South Wales before returning to Dunedin.
- Otago Medical School
- Specialist Urology Training in New Zealand and Australia (Auckland, Tauranga, Sydney)
- Fellowship in Urological Oncology and Transplant Urology in Sydney, Australia
Areas of Interest
- Prosthetic Urology
- Fishing, fast motorbikes and paragliding
Positions & Memberships
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of the Urological Society of Australasia
- Member of Société Internationale d'Urologie
- Consultant urologist, Dunedin Public Hospital
- Visiting Consultant Mercy Hospital Dunedin
- Training Supervisor of Urology Southern DHB
- Member of Training and Education Board NZ section of Urological Surgeons of Australia and New Zealand