Consultant General Surgeon with subspecialist interest in Upper Gastointestinal, Pancreatic and Hepatobiliary problems. Also specialising in Hernia surgery, Gallbladder Surgery, Endoscopy, Laparoscopy (Keyhole surgery),skin lesions, Bowel problems and treatment of haemorrhoids and fissures.
QualificationsMB ChB 1994 Otago; FRACS (GS) 2005
Vocational ScopeGeneral Surgery
Post Fellowship Training
- Basic Surgical training at Christchurch Hospital
- Advanced Surgical Training at Hawkes Bay, Waikato Hospital and Christchurch Hospital
- Post Fellowship Training, Liver and Upper GI Unit (Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Adelaide, Australia) Liver and Pancreas Unit (Leicester Hospital, East Midlands, United Kingdom)
Positions and Memberships
- Consultant Surgeon and Lecturer , Dunedin Public Hospital and Otago School of Medicine, Dunedin
- Consultant Surgeon, Ma rinoto Clinic and Mercy Hospital , Dunedin
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of the Australian and New Zealand Hepatobiliary Surgeons Association
This information has been provided by https://www.healthpoint.co.nz, helping people better understand and use New Zealand health services.