Casey began working in Dunedin Hospital in 2000, began vocational training as an Ophthalmology Registrar in 2003 and became a fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists in 2009.
He completed a fellowship in paediatric ophthalmology in Brisbane and returned to New Zealand in October 2010, working in Christchurch as a locum consultant until June 2011.
He enjoys teaching about ophthalmology and has been a spokesperson for Glaucoma NZ public meetings.
- General ophthalmology
- Cataract surgery
- Paediatric ophthalmology and childhood strabismus/squint
- Glaucoma management
QualificationsMB BS 1998 Queensland; FRANZCO 2009
Post Fellowship Training
- Dunedin (2003 - 2004, 2005 - 2009) and Christchurch (2004 - 2005) Hospital Eye Clinics
- Paediatric Ophthalmology Fellow, Royal Children’s Hospital, Brisbane, QLD (2009 - 2010)
Positions and Memberships
- Consultant Ophthalmologist, Dunedin and Invercargill Hospital Eye Clinics
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists
- Member of the Save Sight Society
This information has been provided by https://www.healthpoint.co.nz, helping people better understand and use New Zealand health services.