Elliot is an agent for change in the delivery of woman’s health as he reaches out to meet their needs. He has communication skills to forge trustworthy relationships with his patients that empower them to make decisions that meet their needs. He has expertise in the use of modern approaches to surgery to get women back on their feet quickly to enjoy and lead their productive lives again from his training in advanced laparoscopic and vaginal surgery. He is a gynaecological surgeon whose area of expertise is pelvic floor reconstruction for uterus, vaginal and bladder prolapse, surgery for urinary incontinence and use of Botox for incontinence and bladder pain. He is also proficient in open abdominal surgery for all gynaecological benign conditions and consults on a wide range of women’s health issues.
- Advanced laparoscopic and vaginal surgery
- Gynaecological Surgery
- Pelvic floor reconstruction for uterus, vaginal and bladder prolapse
- Surgery for urinary incontinence
- Botox use for incontinence and bladder pain
- Open abdominal surgery for all gynaecological benign conditions
- Consultant on a wide range of women’s health issues
QualificationsMB ChB 1998 Zimbabwe; FRANZCOG 2017
Vocational ScopeObstetrics & Gynaecology
Post Fellowship Training
- A FRANZCOG Fellow who completed his specialist training in New Zealand at Dunedin Hospital, Southland and Christchurch Women’s Hospital.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from Otago University
- MBChB from Zimbabwe
- Certified in Urodynamics from International Continence Society
- Advanced Laparoscopy training at Flinders Medical Centre in Adelaide
Positions and Memberships
- New Zealand Registered Specialist Gynaecologist and Obstetrician
- Fellow of Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecology
- Member of the International Urogynaecological Association
- Consultant Gynaecologist at Dunedin Hospital
- Teacher of medical students and training specialists
This information has been provided by https://www.healthpoint.co.nz, helping people better understand and use New Zealand health services.