Dr Smith is a Consultant General Surgeon at Southland Hospital with specialist training and experience in advanced laparoscopic surgery including laparoscopic weight loss surgery.
Dr Smith's current surgical practice involves the application of advanced laparoscopic (keyhole) techniques for weight loss surgery as well as the treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux, hernia, and gallstones. Dr Smith also has an interest in complex abdominal wall reconstruction following hernias and diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy and colonoscopy.
- General surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Laparoscopic bariatric (weight loss) surgery
- Laparoscopic hernia surgery
- Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery
- Laparoscopic anti-reflux surgery
- Abdominal wall reconstruction surgery
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy and colonoscopy
QualificationsMB ChB 1998 Auckland; FRACS (GS) 2005
Vocational ScopeGeneral Surgery
Post Fellowship Training
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of The American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Member of The Obesity Surgery Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member of The Australian and New Zealand Gastro-Oesophageal Surgery Society
- Member of The Australian and New Zealand Hepato-Pancreatic-Biliary Association
This information has been provided by https://www.healthpoint.co.nz, helping people better understand and use New Zealand health services.