My training had taken me all over New Zealand and the World but I always felt drawn to Dunedin. I was born in Dunedin and went to Medical School here (graduated 1992).
I received a scholarship to study and teach anatomy in Dublin (UCD, graduated 1995). I trained in all the Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Departments in New Zealand (specialist training completed 2004) then subsequently returned to the UK to gain more experience in cosmetic, hand, breast and microsurgery.
I returned to Dunedin in 2007 to start the Plastic Surgery Department and develop and teach a post-graduate anatomy course at the Medical School.
I work at Southern DHB and in private practise.
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Hand Surgery & Skin Cancer Surgery and Management
- Hand Surgery
- Skin Cancer Surgery
- Burns Surgery
QualificationsMB ChB 1992 Otago; FRACS 2005
Vocational ScopePlastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Post Fellowship Training
Positions and Memberships
- Clinical Director Department of Plastic Surgery, Southern District Health Board
- Clinical Senior Lecturer Dunedoin School of Medicine, University of Otago,
- Private Practice in Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- New Zealand Association of Plastic Surgeons
This information has been provided by https://www.healthpoint.co.nz, helping people better understand and use New Zealand health services.