- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer surgery and management
- Hand surgery
- Breast surgery (reduction, reconstruction and augmentation)
- Aesthetic surgery (abdominoplasty, liposuction, blepharoplasty, etc)
- Burns surgery (scar revisions, releases, skin-grafting etc)
- General Reconstructive surgery
QualificationsMB ChB 1997 Otago; FRACS (Pl Rec Surg) 2007
Vocational ScopePlastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Post Fellowship Training
Will McMillan BSc (hons) MBChB FRACS (Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery) completed his undergraduate training at Otago Medical School and undertook his Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery training in New Zealand. He was awarded a post-graduate fellowship at the internationally-recognised Sydney Melanoma Unit (now Melanoma Institute Australia) for a year of intensive training in melanoma surgical oncology and has maintained an active interest in melanoma care. After his time at the SMU he undertook further training in Aesthetic Plastic surgery at the Melbourne Institute of Plastic Surgery.
Positions and Memberships
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon at Dunedin Public Hospital
- Clinical Senior Lecturer Dunedin School of Medicine, Otago University
- Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon in private practice, Mercy Hospital and Fernbrae House 90 Newington Ave Maori Hill Dunedin.
- New Zealand Association of Plastic Surgeons (committee member)
- Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Member of Ministry of Health Working Party on Melanoma Tumour Standards
This information has been provided by https://www.healthpoint.co.nz, helping people better understand and use New Zealand health services.