I specialise in Chest Pain, Cardiovascular Risk Assessment, and Diagnostic Cardiology. I perform angioplasty and stent implantation at the Mercy Heart Centre where I am affiliated provider to Southern Cross. Southern Heart Cardiovascular Diagnostics offers a full range of cardiovascular investigations including exercise ECG and echocardiography stress testing, Holter monitoring, event monitoring, 24 hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring and echocardiography. My clinical and research interests include interventional cardiology and cardiovascular risk.
QualificationsMB ChB 1985 Otago; Dip Obst 1988 Otago; FRACP 1994
Vocational ScopeInternal Medicine
Post Fellowship Training
- Dunedin Hospital – Dunedin 1990-1993
- Massachusetts General Hospital – Boston, USA 1994-1995
- Department of Medicine – University of Otago 1995-1999
Positions and Memberships
- Clinical Professor – University of Otago
- Fellow American College of Cardiology
- Fellow Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member New Zealand Cardiovascular Intervention Group
This information has been provided by https://www.healthpoint.co.nz, helping people better understand and use New Zealand health services.